So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1885 the first modified state seal ddollar?

This is a Mason's Chapter Penny and this particular piece dates to ca. 1920. I don't know the full story, but apparently they were never issued and a full roll or rolls of them were found when a building was demolished in San Francisco.

A.I. 2385 is suppose to be the mason date of 1885. sorry weak point here in my knowlege

This is a Mason's Chapter Penny and this particular piece dates to ca. 1920. I don't know the full story, but apparently they were never issued and a full roll or rolls of them were found when a building was demolished in San Francisco.

A.I. 2385 is suppose to be the mason date of 1885. sorry weak point here in my knowlege

I'm not an expert on Mason's either, but if the chapter is of the Royal Arch Order, then A.I. 2385 would refer to its charter year of 1855. There are apparently a number of different Masonic dating schemes depending on the Order. I think this is a great topic to sort through and align the different styles of the state seals with the different companies, engravers, and time periods. It is a big field and I doubt any of us has a truely comprehensive collection, but together we can cover a lot of ground.