So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1968 HEMISFAIR SAN ANTONIO WORLD'S FAIR SILVER MEDAL

NOT A LISTED HK SO-CALLED DOLLAR, BUT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NEXT UPDATED BOOK IF ANY NEW MEDALS ARE ADDED. FROM THE 1968 HEMISFAIR WORLD'S FAIR IN SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS. I AM FROM SAN ANTONIO, SO THIS MEDAL IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME. MY FAMILY AND I MOVED TO SAN ANTONIO IN 1969, ONE YEAR AFTER THE WORLD'S FAIR. THIS IS THE TOP POP OF THIS MEDAL TYPE, WITH A TOTAL OF ONLY (3) GRADED BY NGC TO DATE.

Uploaded files:
  • HEMISFAIR-REVERSE.jpg
  • HEMISFAIR-OBVERSE.jpg
billycgribble has reacted to this post.
billycgribble

nice medal. I too would like to see some additional added by extending the date. there were quite a number of 60's 70's Worlds Fairs as they were dying out and somevery nice medals as in Seattle Spokane New York and Texas just to name a few. There is a new So Called Dollar book coming out by Jeff Shevlin and Bill Hyder that easily extend to expositions through 70's 80e's without being all inclusive. Keeping in mind 33mm minimum.

billycgribble and Axel Ulen have reacted to this post.
billycgribbleAxel Ulen

Since I began to collect SCD's I've been drawn to U.S. Congressional silver commemorative medals. In keeping with the (approx) 33mm size limit (see 1909 AYPE Official Medals @32mm, i.e. HK-510-12, HK-542, HK-582, 3...) many of these medals deserve inclusion into an updated new SCD edition. I'm also curious if other SCD collectors also collect National Commemorative medals.

Mssrs. Hibler & Kappen opened the vault for many "National Commemorative Medals of the United States Mint"* by their inclusion in their book (. Alas, the whole book has not been seriously updated in 56 years. John T. Dean's book, "National Commemorative Medals of the United States Mint" - 2012, 2nd Ed. Mr. Dean is a contributor to the Second Edition of "So-Called Dollars."