So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

HK-754 DISNEYLAND

I am becoming very confused. The following Ebay description was posted on a NGC So Called Dollar slab in February.

DESCRIPTION:IT IS MADE FROM GOLD-ANODIZED ALUMINUM, AND MEASURES APPROIMATELY 39MM IN DIAMETER. IT CORRESPONDS WITH HK-754. THE ORIGINALS WERE STRUCK AROUND 1960. THIS APPEARS TO BE THE LATER STRIKING (CIRCA 1980), AS SEEN BY THE ROUND "O" IN KINGDOM.

I have never been aware of a striking with new dies (counterfeit HK-754??)

Uploaded files:
  • Disney-1.jpg

I immediately went to my slabbed So Called I own to look. It is authenticated as a HK-754 and (circa 1960) but has a round "O" the lister says is 1980

Uploaded files:
  • Disneyland-3.jpg
  • Disneyland-2.jpg

Checking the On-ine Reference Book for So Calleds I find that indeed the Plate Coin and original So Called Dollar must have a Square O.
Here are blow up pictures of both the Round O and Square O tokens

Uploaded files:
  • Disney-1.jpg
  • Disneyland-5.jpg

Now I am very very very confused. I went to NGC So Called Census and encountered a nightmare. NGC has assigned the HK number 754b and legitimized HK-754b as a rounded "O" variety from (circa 1980) meaning the So Called Dollars no longer end at 1963 but extend to at least 1980.

I am further really really really confused because they have also created HK-754a as an additional 1960 variety which I have no clue or idea what it represents. Can somebody explain this to me. Probably someone who has purchased the highest paid membership Tier and are allowed to look at anything NGC has or talk to anybody employed by them.

And in the discussion forum we need to get away from this alternating black and white fields. The white is almost impossible to see and the constant back and forth ruins your eyes and vision.

Uploaded files:
  • Disneyland-6.jpg