So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

HK- 903A VICTORY of the RIGHT--WW1

Here is the page in the NGC Census which numerically lists all So Called slabbed So Called Dollars. This is the newly listed Saviors of Liberty Victory of the Right. Already there has been an MS-62 and MS-63 slabbed. for those of you that haven't seen a picture of this HK-903A yet here it is in color.obv

Uploaded files:
  • saviours-disc.jpg

NGC Page

Uploaded files:
  • HK-903A.jpg

If you do the double click and the zoom you will see on the crystal clear image that this piece gets it name from the Headstone type plaque that is anchoring the flags of Allies Nations

ATTACHED ARE PICTURES OF MY HK-903 NGC GRADED MS 66.

THIS EXAMPLE IS TIED FOR TOP POP IN THE NGC CENSUS AS OF 8/2019.

This is a lovely piece with bold golden-copper patina and a smooth virtually pristine appearance. Struck to commemorate the Allied victory in World War One, which officially ended with the surrender of German Empire on November 11, 1918 in a railroad car at the French town of Compiegne.

WORLD WAR I VICTORY MEDALS 1919-1920 SAVIOURS OF LIBERTY MEDALS.

Following World War I, the United States and her allies agreed to adopt a Victory Medal substantially the same in design, but with certain variations for each nation. The Winged Victory of Samothrace, basis for obverse design, received different treatment, therefore, at the hands of the several countries' artists. Reverse inscription, The Great War for Civilization, was common to all.

Inter-Allied Commission on the Victory Medal assigned the production of the U.S. issue to the National Commission of Fine Arts; latter selected James Earle Fraser, New York, to execute the design. Sculptor Fraser worked with Medallic Art Co. in the preparation of models, reductions, and hubs. Medals were struck in bronze, of 90% copper and 10% zinc, at Art Metal Works, Newark, NJ, from dies made at the U.S. Mint, about 100 sets of dies being required. Medals were awarded to all members of the armed forces who served between April 6, 1917 and Nov. 11, 1918--approximately 4,765,000 men.

Uploaded files:
  • HK-903-OBVERSE.jpg
  • HK-903-REVERSE.jpg
billycgribble has reacted to this post.
billycgribble

ATTACHED ARE PICTURES OF MY HK-903A GRADED MS 64.

THIS IS THE FRENCH VERSION OF THE WORLD WAR 1 VICTORY OF RIGHT MEDAL THAT IS NOT LISTED IN THE SO-CALLED DOLLARS BOOK, BUT HAS BEEN GRADED BY NGC AS HK-903A.

THIS EXAMPLE IS TIED FOR TOP POP LISTED IN THE NGC CENSUS OF A TOTAL OF ONLY (4) IN THE CENSUS, AND I OWN BOTH OF THE TOP POP MS 64'S.

NONE OF THIS TYPE HAVE BEEN SOLD BY THE MAJOR AUCTION COMPANIES TO DATE. QUITE RARE!!!

Uploaded files:
  • HK-903A-OBVERSE.jpg
  • HK-903A-REVERSE.jpg

Attached is an example of an original box the HK-903 medals came in... which would seem to indicate that HK-903 was made in France

Uploaded files:
  • HK-903-Box.jpg
billycgribble has reacted to this post.
billycgribble