So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New York Stock Exchange Bldg HK-297 & HK-298

Both are very hard to find and probably tightly held by the original owners. I've seen two bronze pieces in 10 years. Silver - three. Nice find

In the last 5 years, I have only seen one of these pieces.... a silver one owned by Jeff Shevlin. The other day, I happened to see this for sale.... owned by a family member who's relatives used to work on Wall Street. I paid too much, but I didn't know when I would get the chance to purchase another given the rarity (4 silver and 4 bronze listed on John Raymond's site). The seller told me this piece was in a box for decades with other old things owned by the relatives, and in the process of trying to find something else, they ran across this. In the spirit of the Antiques Road Show, I wish more people would look through the attic and find things we would all love to see.... The online info on this piece is at http://www.so-calleddollars.com/Events/New_York_Stock_Exchange.html

NGC error.... An HK-605 (bronze Providence RI) piece in an HK-604 holder...

Just back from NGC

Pretty toned silver HK-297... NGC has 4 silver and 4 bronze pieces certified. I've seen one Silver that Jeff had and another in an auction, and it sure does seem these are hard to come by...

FRESHLY GRADED BY NGC, RECEIVED ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO.

ANOTHER SO-CALLED DOLLAR FORMERLY FROM THE DONALD ENSLEY COLLECTION IN MICHIGAN.

OBVERSE IS NEAR PERFECT. THERE IS SOME SCUFFING IN THE FIELDS ON THE REVERSE THAT LIMITS THE GRADE. I WAS HOPING FOR FINER GRADE, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Uploaded files:
  • HK-298-OBVERSE.jpg
  • HK-298-REVERSE.jpg