So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unlisted Muling of HK 354 and HK 364

Please see attached. Has anyone come across this muling? NGC obviously has the incorrect designation as this is not an HK 364 but rather a muling. I am curious as to how many mulings there might be in the Alaska Yukon series.

I believe that is actually 366a. And there are die varieties of many of the pieces in this series.

Oops, you are correct. I misread the image, but the muling doesn't seem to be a surprise to me given that H&K only touches on a few of the varieties that exist out there.

I own a brass piece that has the obverse of 353-354 and the reverse of 364. This was the first that I had seen and yours makes the second.

I'm new to this SCD group however, the Obv. picture and the description do not match. I own ta 'brass mule' but upon reading the description, the picture is of the reverse! Please Jeff or anyone...

I'm new to this SCD group however, the Obv. picture and the description do not match. I own ta 'brass mule' but upon reading the description, the picture is of the reverse! Please Jeff or anyone...

It depends which edition of the book you are using. There are pairings of the obverse and the reverse of 354 with the Government Building reverse. They will be listed as separate medals in our new catalog. For now one is pictured in the first edition and the other in the second edition. Both are shown on the online edition of H&K.

Thanks! I had forgotten the Web Site and though I have both editions had only been using the 2d Edition for my reference. Not too bright. I'll be adding this site to my Kindle! This is a GREAT site with great people. Thank you Bill. Richard Wickberg