So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

1912 California Admission Day Stockton HK-660

Uploaded files:
  • HK-660-MS62.jpg

Nice find and condition also I've been looking for this piece for 20yrs plus I consider it quite rare.

There has been a good deal of discussion of the Native Sons of the Golden West medals and CA admission day celebrations/medals on the site discussion boards... see http://so-calleddollar.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=72 ...but, I thought i'd post something that seemingly doesn't come up that frequently -- HK-660. I happened to see this piece at a show earlier this year and grabbed it immediately given how hard it seems to be to locate. Having driven through Placerville when heading to Tahoe, the town still to this day has a Western feel even so hanging don't occur there much anymore. There are local mines and gold/gem panning in the area that are great fun should you be in the area and looking for something to do if you are not in the nearby apple orchards.

Mine is nowhere near as nice (i.e. maybe VF). Jeff does not think these are quite that rare, but I've only seen three since I started looking. One I bought, one Jeff bought for his collection (high grade Unc), and one nicer than mine, but too expensive for the condition in my opinion. Nice find.