So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

HK-662 Copper, Silver, and Gold-Plate from 1914

HK-662 variations... I don't own a silver-plate or gold-plate, but I thought i'd post the photos since these seem ultra-rare......

Uploaded files:
  • HK-662-2016.jpg
  • HK-662A.jpg
  • HK-662B.jpg

This was part of the home team patriotism for the National 5th War Savings Bond Sales of June 12, 1944 at the Boeing B-29 plant in Wichita Kansas. There were a total of 8 bond sales programs to support the war effort 1-7 designation plus an 8th called the Victory Bonds Oct 28, 1945. The regular 1st tier of aluminum is fairly available but the highest Tier of copper is quite rare and seldom seen. ,

Looks more like yellow gilt than gold plate looks like an interesting under metal. doesnt appear copper.

I don't own a silver-plate or gold-plate, but I thought i'd post the photos since these seem ultra-rare......

Bill G acquired a nice example of this one you call gold on this post. Your refering to this as silver plate and gold plate and it being listed in case of the gold as HK-662b is this official and it is listed someplace? or reference book someplace? or is somebody like me who just lists things as they think they should be making a number? Do you think they would slab it at NGC as a HK_662b?  Bill G