So-Called Dollar Discussions

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Santa Monica Breakwater HK-680 to HK-687 Colors/Variations

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Sorry Im so late in posting here. I picked these up on ebay in 2004. At one time I thought maybe they were used at a hotel for room numbers attached to key rings or whatever, but that pretty much is out of the question being the number 20 was used more than once. They may have been used as gambling chips I suppose, but they would probably need a lot of them. The blue and the red ones have counterstamps on them that look as if they were done sometime after the painted numbers. Like Rjessinger's red one above, my red one also has 10000.00 on it. Note how the ?1? on my piece is doubled, but the rest of the numbers are not doubled. The blue one just has a ?10? on it. If they were used as gambling chips, the number 10000.00, if it in fact means $10000, seems like a pretty big number for a homemade poker chip. Maybe they were used outside of the US for some inflated currency. But if that were the case, would they even bother to have a $10 chip? Maybe I guess. It is good to see all of the others for comparison that everyone else has posted. Sort of adds even more to the mystery though. It would be nice to find pieces with 5, 50, 100, 500 and 1,000 stamped on them. Are there some other gambling games besides poker that they could have been used for? Some Oriental game perhaps? Just a thought. I have no idea.

PreviousPage 2 of 2